Tuesday, February 5, 2008

How I spent Sunday afternoon

Fame, she says? I'll take it.

I stopped by the ever-fabulous Wellesley Booksmith (how is it that in three years I never discovered the store's basement?) to see Mitali Perkins launch her latest book, First Daughter: White House Rules.

It was great to meet Mitali in person, after "meeting" here in blogland. And since I was a political junkie back when I was the age of all the kids in the audience, I loved seeing them get so into the political trivia.

(Favorite moment, hands down: When Mitali handed out a list of nonpartisan websites, explaining that they were good for figuring out who to vote for, one girl announced, "My mom needs that!")

Visit Mitali's blog for video of her presentation. HipWriterMama also has a write-up.

The visit to the Booksmith, plus all the time I spent in the car (I can't read on all those hilly back roads, so I get a lot of knitting and thinking done when I visit my relatives), gave me the kick in the butt I needed to get back to writing. I haven't been making much progress on my WIP for the past few weeks, so I'm going to set it aside and start something new. (In a new notebook, no less!)

Thanks, Mitali, for putting on a great event!

No comments: